FaceVACS-VideoScan detects and identifies persons of interest in real time while computing demographic and behavioral data, supporting security staff, marketing departments and operations management in one application.
The application detects people’s faces in live video streams or video footage and stores video sequences of cropped faces (face streams) for each appearance in front of a camera. It then compares all appearances against each other in real time to determine and cluster identities.
Real-time identity checks against image databases quickly find known persons and alert the appropriate staff.
Anonymous analysis of all face streams over time allows the software to compute people count, demographical information, people movement in time and space, and to detect frequent visitors and crowds.
User can also import recorded videos and image files to find persons enrolled in image databases, or search for an unknown person and locate their appearances in multiple videos.
New: The Enterprise Solution
Software alone won’t produce optimal results. Types of cameras, their positioning and tuning; high performance server choice; setting up an ideal network infrastructure; configuration of the solution; funding and deploying the system—all these components play an important part.
Cognitec now offers an all-installed, managed service, with optimal computing and camera equipment to guarantee industry-leading biometric performance. Once you sign up, Cognitec does all—from hardware and software set-up to system maintenance and upgrades.
- compares faces against image galleries in real time
- displays real-time signals when user-defined events occur
- displays and exports statistics about people flow, demographics and behavior
- sends signals and statistics to mobile devices
- supports interactive enrollment from still image and live video stream
- includes integrator kit for video systems, including C++ API and web services API
- works with IP, GigEVision, and USB cameras, and Cognitec's own C5 camera (see below)
Cognitec offers a highly specialized IP video camera with built-in face detection and tracking technology as a component of its FaceVACS-VideoScan product, therefore eliminating the need to identify and source suitable cameras. The FaceVACS-VideoScan C5 camera provides optimal image quality for real-time face recognition, even under challenging conditions, while requiring low computing hardware and bandwidth resources.
- provides high image quality of machine vision cameras while using bandwidth and network structures for surveillance cameras
- optimal integration with FaceVACS-VideoScan
- migrates video processing intelligence of the stream processor into the input device
- performs real-time, gapless face detection/tracking of multiple faces
- generates lossless, cropped video streams (face streams) for all faces appearing in front of the camera
- offers integrated camera control for optimized exposure on the face area
- supports RTSP/H.264 video streams for integration with digital video recording systems
View and print the product flyer.
Watch a movie about use cases and product features.
Read about the advantages of industrial cameras.