enables clients to develop new face recognition and facial image analysis applications
Cognitec's products incorporate state-of-the-art technologies relevant to working with facial images, in particular deep learning, computer vision, and pattern recognition technologies. Algorithmic optimization since 1995 has resulted in superior independence from facial variances such as pose, mimic, age variance, different hair styles, glasses or temporary lighting changes.
Customers can license Cognitec's core technology, the FaceVACS® Engine, through customized software development kits.
Highly focused and innovative R&D initiatives have again raised accuracy levels of Cognitec’s main matching algorithm and its age estimation technology. In addition, the latest versions are showing remarkably robust test results for facial images with masks.
We have released both matching algorithms B14 and A20 in version 9.7 of the FaceVACS Engine, with advanced deep learning methods and a faster, more robust face finding algorithm contributing to substantial performance upgrades.
The new A20 algorithm advances the performance in low-memory footprint environments, serving Linux-on-Arm and Android platforms.
Please schedule a meeting with your account manager to discuss the new version in more detail!
- incorporates new matching algorithm A20
- new face finding algorithm increases speed and accuracy
- support for MS Visual Studio 2022
- available for Windows, Linux, Linux-on-Arm, Android and macOS
- powerful face localization and face tracking on images and video streams
- industry-leading matching algorithms for enrollment, verification and identification
- accurate portrait characteristics check for gender, age, pose deviation, exposure, glasses, eyes closed, uniform lighting detection, unnatural color, image and face geometry
- performs ISO 19794-5 and ISO 39794-5 standards compliance tests
Cognitec’s FaceVACS Engine enables clients worldwide to develop new face recognition applications. It provides a clear and logical API for easy integration in other software programs.
Cognitec provides the FaceVACS Engine through customized software development kits, with a set of functions and modules specific to each use case and computing platform, and based on tailored software licensing agreements. Such specific use cases include: image quality check, verification for document issuance, and verification for access control.
Programming and development
- advanced face recognition APIs: C++, Java, Microsoft .NET, BioAPI 2.0 Verification Engine (C API)
- documented examples for main use cases and customized implementations
- tools for biometric evaluations: e.g. generation of identification match lists, similarity matrix data
- supports the development of portable face recognition applications
- used in handheld devices to capture photos and compare them to image databases on the device or central systems
- adds security to login and authentication procedures