Careers at Cognitec
Machine Learning Scientist
Location: Dresden, Germany
Are you interested in applying deep learning to challenging real-world problems?
Cognitec Systems GmbH is seeking a qualified Machine Learning/Research Scientist (m/f/d) in full-time to start as soon as possible.
As a researcher, you'll be part of an international team of machine learning experts and engineers focusing on developing state-of-the-art algorithms for face recognition and related tasks. Incorporating recent approaches from the deep learning community as well as own ideas, your main work will implement and conduct experiments, analyze their results and discuss them with the team. You will also assist the Software Department in creating product implementations of the new algorithms.We offer work on intriguing scientific and technical challenges in a well-established and collegial team, which is looking forward to welcoming the new member
Key areas of responsibility
- develop and analyze appropriate computer vision and machine learning algorithms and their mathematical basis
- conduct experiments to further investigate and optimize the algorithms
- maintain and extend our software environment for experimentation and data analysis
- in collaboration with our software development team, transfer algorithmic improvements to our product code base
- provide knowledgeable technical support to customers and the customer services team
- Master's degree (or equivalent) and 3 years of research experience in science or engineering
- research experience in machine learning
- solid background in mathematics (linear algebra, statistics, analysis, numerics)
- 2-3 years of experience in C++ and Unix-like OS
- English fluent in speech and writing
Nice if you have experience with
- convolutional neural networks
- face detection, tracking or face recognition
- computer vision
- Python programming
We maintain a flexible, relaxed and humorous corporate culture, which is shaped by the atmosphere of mutual learning, and a professional and objective approach to work.
We believe in open, appreciative and respectful communication on equal footing. Every opinion counts and the best idea wins out. Your viewpoints are always important!
At Cognitec, you will find an interesting working environment with flexible working hours and home office options. We are interested in a long-term work relationship, giving you room to realize your own ideas and advance your career.
Our multicultural, diverse team comes together for regular, voluntary, informal company and team events, where we don’t always talk about work!