Reports to: Vice President, Asia Pacific
Location: Sydney, Australia
The Technical Specialist provides technical support to systems integrators; value added resellers (VARs) and end-customers for solution architecture, integration, installation, configuration, and ongoing usage of Cognitec products. In addition, they support pre-sales pipeline building, including Proof of Concepts (PoC’s).
The ideal candidate possesses considerable hands-on experience with solution architecture, computer hardware, infrastructure, networking and OS administration, in differing environments, over a period of at least 3 years. Direct face-to- face customer interaction experience is required along with exposure to some pre-sales/sales participation.
Australian citizenship is required along with the ability to obtain an Australian Government Security Clearance. Applicants who are not Australian citizens will not be given consideration for this opportunity.
Cognitec Systems Pty Ltd is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Cognitec Systems GmbH, providing sales and support services to customers in the Asia-Pacific region.
Travel to customer sites and/or trade shows throughout the region bordered by India, Korea and New Zealand is required, as well as occasional travel to head office in Germany.
Key areas of responsibility
- technical support specialist, able to analyze customer requirements and propose well-designed technical solutions
- test, evaluate and report on existing and new products and product releases
- conduct comprehensive technical training for internal and external customers
- provide internal support for demonstrations and tradeshows
- provide product license fulfillment and product activation support.
Desired skills and experience
- substantial experience with software installation and configuration, computer hardware, networking and OS administration (Windows 10, Windows Server, and Linux) required
- experience setting up PoC’s and production solutions, in lab and end-customer environments
- direct face-to-face customer interaction experience required
- pre-sales/sales participation exposure required
- working knowledge of database management systems (MS SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Oracle) a plus
- knowledge of C, C++, .NET or Java a plus
- familiarity with optical science, video and still camera equipment, and image processing a plus
- strong technical writing and presentation/platform skills
- excellent English oral and written communication skills
- exercised interpersonal and relationship management skills
- must be self-motivated with a willingness to learn new technologies, and the wherewithal to successfully deploy them
- demonstrated project management and organizational skills a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related equivalent experience
- intriguing technical challenges
- an experienced and highly motivated team
- state-of-the-art innovation
- an attractive location
- salary commensurate with experience and performance