Solution Sales Specialist
Reports to: Vice President Americas
Location: Greater Boston Area, MA, USA
The Solution Sales Specialist will maintain and strengthen existing customer sales, identify new business opportunities, close business, and generate revenue to support the company’s strategic business plan.
Cognitec Systems Corporation’s portfolio includes products based on face recognition technology for ID management, video screening, analytics, border control, and a variety of other applications for enterprise and government customers.
The role handles all of the components of the sales process, i.e. target identification, opportunity qualification, sales strategy set-up, execution and closing.
The ideal Solution Sales Specialist possesses extensive direct sales; indirect sales and B2B business development experience, communicates effectively, drives execution, fosters innovation, focuses on the customer, collaborates with others, solves problems creatively and demonstrates high integrity. Intensive IT knowledge and previous experience with a CRM tool are required.
Key responsibilities/essential functions
- manage all assigned accounts, both existing and new
- work hands-on with prospects and customers to demonstrate and communicate the value of our products and technology throughout the sales cycle, including customized compelling product demonstrations, deep dives, architectural discussions and proofs of concept
- actively generate high quality sales leads and provide appropriate follow-up
- generate quotations, negotiate contractual terms, conditions and pricing and complete the sale
- manage and control license entitlement
- travel, as needed, to industry events, and prospect and customer sites
- handle technical presentations at trade shows and conferences
- BS/MS degree in computer science or equivalent technical experience
- 8+ years of business development and sales experience, ideally in the security, video, and/or biometrics industry
- customer-facing experience at the executive and technical contributor levels
- outstanding pre- and post-sales account management and follow-through skills, resourcefulness, and attention to detail
- ability to speak and read Spanish and/or Portuguese desirable